Saturday, January 28, 2012

Suzuki and Blyth



That's D.T Suzuki there on the left. When I saw this picture, from turningthewheelmedia.org, I thought, "Look! He's a little Japanese guy!" Of course he is. Turningthewheel doesn't mention him in the article. It's about the other guy. I can't say I recommend turningthewheelmedia for anything other than this picture. They are interested is social activism. Doing the right thing and all that. If I don't even understand Zen, it's unlikely that I'll really get to the bottom of what the right thing is.

Here's Blyth, from gardendigest.com:


Gardendigest.com mentions that Blyth's library was destroyed during a bombing raid in the war. That's doing the right thing for you.

So there they are. The bigs of the 1900's. Long may they reign, the big so-and-so's.

No comments:

Post a Comment